If you’re running a new WordPress blog or website, you’ve probably learned that it’s hard to get website traffic. The search engine is not sending you traffic, and you’ve got no search engine rankings. I’ll show you a tweak to generate tons of traffic to your website, which give your website massive exposure and followers.
What is Reddit
Reddit is a social network, news and entertainment platforms that was founded in 2005, where community members can post content such as direct links or text. Ranking on Reddit are determined by a combination of Up and Down votes. Registered users are able to give submitted content a Up vote or Down vote and also comment on the content.
Reddit global Alexa rank is 26.
Reddit is considered to be a big site because with almost 20 million unique visitor per months and about 150 million page views.
Most social network are strictly controlled by a team of moderators or editors but on the other hand, Reddit is controlled by its users.
Terms Used In Reddit
before you put a link or text in Reddit to drive huge website traffic to your blog, first of all understand the some terms used in it.
It’s a reward earning for posting popular content on Reddit and there are two types of karma such as link karma, and comment karma.
You gain karma points, when your link and comments are Upvoted by Reddit users. You also lose karma point, when your links and comments are Downvoted to a number lower than zero. To get a huge website traffic from Reddit, you should have a minimum of 3000 karma on your Reddit profile.
Reddit is divided into thousands of different categories called subreddits.
The URL structure looks like this:
For example, if you were interested in WordPress, you would go to:
In the WordPress subreddit, you will see submissions only about WordPress.
You’ve to meet a minimum karma score to post on certain subreddits such as /r/videos, which required 10 link and comment karma. You also have to meet a minimum karma score before being allowed to join a few private subreddits such as /r/centuryclub.
How to Get Website Traffic From Reddit
In order to successful with Reddit marketing, you can’t be a marketer, you’ve to be a Redditor. First of all, if you don’t have an account, create one.
- Visit Reddit.com and Click on “login or register” in the top-right corner
- Enter your username and email (which is optional)
- Enter your password
Once you’ve created an account, try to comment on someone post and build some trust. I would recommend you don’t post your blog link in the subreddit until you reached the minimum karma.
After you build trust with Reddit users, find subreddit of your niche. Go to your subreddit page and click on “Submit a new link”, choose an awesome title and make it as interesting and appealing as possible. Make sure you read the subreddit sidebar, contain a lot of information about the submission rules. Following them will increase your chances of getting up-votes.
Once you’ve submitted your link, make sure to monitor the comments to your submission. If people have question about your link, give them answers.
Things to Keep in Mind
- If you want to get large amounts of traffic from reddit, you’ve to keep your posts highly relevant to the users.
- Only post content that is in-depth, unique, well written, helpful and actionable. Short and generic content will not perform well.
- If you just posted a link in a subreddit, let it rest for a while. Make sure you’ll post another link of own blog in the same subreddit after a week.
- If you post links to the same domain name too often you run a huge risk. reddit’s automatic spam filters will blacklist your domain, so that if ANYONE posts it, it won’t show up. They can also “ghost” your account which is a special kind of punishment for spammers. Getting ghosted means that none of your posts ever show up to anyone but you. So you can post as much as you want, but they will never show up to anyone else.
If you follow this guide, you’ll be able to get a huge traffic from Reddit to your blog. Do you’ve any suggestion, let us know via comment.